Friday, September 14, 2018

Photoshop Challenge

For this challenge, the goal was to revamp this clean image of "Nature Man" (aka Jerid) by using blending modes, layer masks, adjustment layers, and whatever else you please. You could not, however, scratch out his face; his face MUST be visible. I was very happy that this challenge was overall open and I could pretty much do anything I want with it. When I first saw the image and the name given to it, I knew that I wanted to stay far from the palm of nature. I wanted to bring something new to the table, but didn't quite know what it would be. So, as I was scrolling through unsplash.com, I thought about what I did the in the previous class. That's when I had my "eureka!" moment. I instantly typed in words like "Italy,"  "Italian Churches," and "Renaissance" until I found a beautiful photo of some artwork based from the Sistine Chapel. I immediately inserted that picture into my photoshop layer and it all was history from their!
Like I said, I tried to keep the renaissance and holy vibe alive and for it to emit into the viewers mind. To do this, I made the color balance so that Jerid was as fair as Snow White and looked more like a statue rather than a human. On different layers, I added a paint esque filter and drew some tiny cracks all throughout his face. I also exchanged his dark suit for the previously stated Sistine Chapel picture, and the background for a painting created during the appropriate period. I was initially going to make his hair gradient into Italian architecture, but decided that it would seem overly edited and wouldn't fit nicely with the final piece. Going back to the holy feel, I attempted to insert a glowing effect so that Jerid could be seen as spiritual.

Overall, I once again learned so much through this challenge and am pleased with my end result. The ending wasn't what I 100% envisioned, but I definitely am proud of my work and can't wait to see what I could do in my next challenge! ☺❤

No comments:

Post a Comment